Need help?

There's always somewhere you can get support if you need it

In an emergency

  • Call the emergency services on 999.
  • If you are on campus or in halls or residence, then you can also call Security on 0116 252 2888 so they can assist the emergency services.


Our security staff can help you if you feel distressed, unsafe, or in need of guidance on campus. All staff are first aid trained. You can also contact Security to get a D lock for your bike, a personal alarm, or if you have lost any personal belongings.

Contact: Visit in the Security Lodge opposite the Danielle Brown Sports Centre, call 0116 252 2023 or if there is an emergency, call 0116 252 2888. Someone is available to talk to 24 hours a day, seven days a week; the Security Lodge is open between 9.00am and 5.00pm on weekdays.

Student Services Centre

Visit the Student Services Centre to access, health and wellbeing services, advice about personal issues, information about part time work, careers advice, fees and accommodation payments, new/replacement ID cards, visa and immigration support, finance advice, and much more.

Contact: Visit the Student Services Centre in the Charles Wilson Building, Monday to Friday, between 9.00am and 5.00pm.

Leicester Talks

This is a full list of services from across the University, the Students’ Union, student-led groups and external services that can signpost you to where you can get support and provide more information about each of the services.

Contact: The Leicester Talks webpages

Out of hours

If you need someone to talk to the Samaritans charity phone line is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year. The student-led Nightline service also provides a free, confidential listening service to all students, during term time.

Concerned about someone you know?

Are you worried about a friend, a flatmate, a course mate or just someone you see regularly? For instance, have you been noticing someone’s behaviour changing that is worrying you, or maybe you think someone needs support but you don’t know how to help them?

Contact: to report your concern and to receive support from our designated safeguarding officers.

You can also find out further information about support for:

Share this page: