Money, visas and accommodation

Managing your money

If you have concerns about managing your money, trained advisers in the welfare service can help go through the options that are available for you. If you are having financial difficulties, you may be eligible for funding from the hardship fund.

If you have told us you have a disability, are a young carer or care leaver, or are unexpectedly struggling with your finances, you may be able to get some extra money from us. For more information, visit the Student Services Centre or email

Careers support

Career Development Service

Whether you have a clear career path in mind, or not, the Career Development Service can help you to gain experience, help you with your CV, covering letter and applications. Visit the Student Services Centre for more information or email


Our in-house recruitment service provides part time work opportunities throughout term and holiday time.

Visas and immigration

You can get support with international student queries through the Student Services Service. Find more information on our international student pages.


University managed accommodation

The Residence Life Team are on hand to offer support and help whilst you are in halls of residences. If you need any support, call Oadby Student Village – 0116 223 1493,  City Living – 0116 223 1485 or email

Private accommodation

  • If you live in a SU Lets managed accommodation then please contact them for help with any queries. Call them on 0116 223 1173 or visit their website.
  • The Citizens’ Advice Bureau can provide advice on housing issues, rights and responsibilities. Visit the Citizens’ Advice Bureau’s website. The nearest Citizens’ Advice centre is 60 Charles Street, Leicester – you need to book an appointment in advance to see an adviser.
  • Shelter provide information and support on housing issues, including private renting. Visit Shelter’s website for more information.

Share this page: