Do you carry out research looking at older people?

Posted by rmt22 at Dec 09, 2015 08:39 AM |
Colleagues within our College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology are looking to set up a group which brings together academic endeavours focusing on older people.

Working in partnership with De Montfort University, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust and Age UK in Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland, the group have committed to the creation of a joint, interdisciplinary group for Older People’s Health.

The group will look at developing translational research into older people with emphasis on innovation, improvement and evaluation. There will also be links with education and training to help support this.

The group will be looking specifically at areas where different care providers cross over (health/social care; primary/secondary care; physical/mental health).

They would be interested to hear your views and for you to indicate your interest in any or all of the following areas:

  • Research and development
  • Education and training

Please do feel free to pass this message on to colleagues who you feel might be interested and if you are happy to share examples of your work from the last five years that you think might benefit from being part of the Institute, please send them through.

To get involved and contribute to this important piece of work, please reply to Simon Conroy

Share this page: