Schengen Visa - A Guide For International Students

We can offer advice and guidance on the visa requirements for International students who wish to apply for a Schengen visa to visit an EU country.

What is a Schengen Visa?

25 Countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) have signed the Schengen Visa Scheme.

Please see the link below for a list of EEA countries

When you visit an EEA country you will still be subject to immigration control at each port of entry but having a valid visa for one of the countries usually enables you to travel freely within the Schengen Space for up to three months.  

How to apply for a Schengen visa 

If you require further advice or information on applying for a Schengen visa you can book an appointment with an Immigration Adviser by contacting or by calling them on 0116 2231185 

Share this page:

Report and Support

Need to report an incident? Use the University's Report and Support system.

Opening hours

Due to Covid19 we are no longer offering face to face appointments or drop ins but will consult with students to arrange alternative engagement.

Please contact the Student Welfare Service directly on 0116 223 1185 or to arrange this.

The Student Welfare Service is open from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.

Appointments can be made outside of these hours in special circumstances.

In an emergency, contact University Security on 0116 252 2888.

Contact Us

+44 (0)116 252 2448

Or visit us in the Student Service Centre, Charles Wilson Building