How to invite your family to visit you or attend your graduation ceremony

 Do my family members need a visa to visit me in the UK?


Your family and friends should check the following website to confirm if they need to apply for a visa to enter the UK.  UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) website  

What documents will they need

To assist your family and friends visa application you should send the following

  1. A copy of your visa or BRP card
  2. A letter from Registry confirming that you are a registered student
  3. Your tennancy agreement
  4. If, you are financing their visit, you should send copies of your last 3 month bank statement


If you need further advice and guidance please make an appointment to see an Immigration Adviser in the Student Welfare Service, Charles Wilson building. Contact details 

Whilst my family are visiting me in the UK can they also travel to Europe with me ?

Your family can travel with you in Europe but they will need to apply for any necessary EU (Schengen ) visas before they leave their home country

Share this page:

Report and Support

Need to report an incident? Use the University's Report and Support system.

Opening hours

Due to Covid19 we are no longer offering face to face appointments or drop ins but will consult with students to arrange alternative engagement.

Please contact the Student Welfare Service directly on 0116 223 1185 or to arrange this.

The Student Welfare Service is open from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.

Appointments can be made outside of these hours in special circumstances.

In an emergency, contact University Security on 0116 252 2888.

Contact Us

+44 (0)116 252 2448

Or visit us in the Student Service Centre, Charles Wilson Building