Care Leavers & Estranged

Support for care leavers

If you are leaving care, we can provide you with support such as:

  • financial support, for example, the Care Leavers' Bursary
  • help you with different types of applications for example, Student Finance applications
  • liaise with the Local Authority on your behalf

You can discuss your situation, confidentially, with an adviser through a face to face appointment, by email or telephone. Please contact us on the details located to the right of this page.

University of Leicester Bursary for Care Leavers

If you are under 25 you may be eligible to receive a payment of £2000 from the University in each academic year of undergraduate study.  If indicated that you are a care leaver on your UCAS application we will contact you a few weeks before you are due to start study. Alternatively contact for more information.




Share this page:

Report and Support

Need to report an incident? Use the University's Report and Support system.

Opening hours

The Student Welfare Service is currently operating remotely.

Please contact the Student Welfare Service directly on 0116 223 1185 or to arrange an appointment or for further information.

The Student Welfare Service is open from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.

Appointments can be made outside of these hours in special circumstances.

In an emergency, contact University Security on 0116 252 2888.

Contact Us

0116 223 1185