It cannot be emphasized enough, the importance of having Possessions Insurance!!!

When taking out insurance on a shared house, you should:

  • Shop around, look at banks and building societies as well as insurance firms; leaflets are available in the Students’ Union.
  • Read the policy carefully to see what is covered and what isn’t
  • You may be able to be  included on your family's insurance policy – ask them to find out
  • If you do not have locks on bedroom doors, this could affect who will insure you – check with the company


There are many companies who offer Student Insurance.  The Students' Union has established an excellent network with Endsleigh Insurance Company who have special Student Insurance.

Report and Support

Need to report an incident? Use the University's Report and Support system.

Opening hours

The Student Welfare Service is now based in the new Percy Gee building.

Please contact the Student Welfare Service directly on 0116 223 1185 or to arrange an appointment or for further information.

The Student Welfare Service is open from 9 - 5pm, Monday to Friday.

In an emergency, contact University Security on 0116 252 2888.

Contact Us

0116 223 1185