Private Accommodation

Finding a place to live can be a daunting task particularly if you are new to the area or have never rented privately before.  By breaking down the task of finding a place to live, it can be very manageable.   Do your homework and take advantage of all the information listed here.

Current topic: You can arrange for any bulky items of rubbish to be removed by the CIty Council for free. This avoids being fined £110 by city wardens for leaving items outside of wheelie bins. 

Leicester Street
Preparing and Planning Moving In
Living in your Home    Safety


Moving Out   Further Information

Citizens Advice Bureau

Community Legal Advice Leicester

Community Legal Service Direct


Direct Gov

Housing Ombudsman Service

Communities and Local Government


For free legal advice regarding housing please see the Legal Advice page

**photo by e~s,

Share this page:

Report and Support

Need to report an incident? Use the University's Report and Support system.

Opening hours

The Student Welfare Service is now based in the new Percy Gee building.

Please contact the Student Welfare Service directly on 0116 223 1185 or to arrange an appointment or for further information.

The Student Welfare Service is open from 9 - 5pm, Monday to Friday.

In an emergency, contact University Security on 0116 252 2888.

Contact Us

0116 223 1185