Part-time students and living costs

If you’re a Part-time Student, you will not be eligible for any Student Loans Company help towards your living costs. Instead you would be expected to continue with your claim for Benefits, stay in paid employment, or locate alternative sources of funding such as savings. Please see our page on Other Financial Information to get some ideas about other sources of funding.

There is an exception for students enrolled on Part-time courses due to ill-health or a disability, if your course has been specially adapted for you from a Full-time programme.

Share this page:

Report and Support

Need to report an incident? Use the University's Report and Support system.

Opening hours

The Student Welfare Service is now based in the new Percy Gee building.

Please contact the Student Welfare Service directly on 0116 223 1185 or to arrange an appointment or for further information.

The Student Welfare Service is open from 9 - 5pm, Monday to Friday.

In an emergency, contact University Security on 0116 252 2888.

Contact Us

0116 223 1185