Dalian Leicester Institute - Tier 4 Visa information

Applying for your visa

To visit the UK, you will need a Tier 4 (General) Student visa.

One week after you are told that you have passed your course, you will receive a CAS statement by email. Once you have your CAS statement, you can apply for your visa online on the UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) website.


Supporting documents

As a Chinese citizen, you are classed as a ‘Low Risk National’ by the UK Government. Therefore, please ensure you complete your nationality correctly on the visa application. The Tier 4 visa application form, should detect then detect that you are a Low Risk National automatically.

Your nationality will affect what documents you need to provide with your visa application. As a Low Risk National, the only documents you will need are:

  • Your passport
  • A tuberculosis (TB) certificate


You will not need to provide evidence of your qualifications or your finance. However, you should make sure that you have these documents ready, because UKVI sometimes asks for them when they do random checks of visa applicants. If you cannot provide this evidence when asked, or the documents you provide are not suitable, your visa application may be refused.

Any documents requested by UKVI that are not in English, must be translated by an official translation company and submitted as well.  Please refer to the Tier 4 Policy Guidance, to check what the format and content of the translation must include.


You must have a certain amount of money in your bank account for 28 consecutive days before you apply for your visa. The amount is:

  • Your tuition fee, as stated on your CAS Statement, for first year of study or remaining fees, if you have made a payment (any merit based scholarship awarded, will be automatically deducted from this amount)
  • Plus at least £9,135 for living expenses
  • Minus up to £1,265 for university accommodation fees, if you have already paid these. You cannot deduct any money paid for private accommodation fees.


If you do not have your own bank account, you can have this money in the personal bank account of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s). You cannot use a business account.

If the UKVI makes a random check, you will have to provide evidence that you have this money. If you are using a parent/guardian’s bank account, that evidence will include:

  • Parent(s) or legal guardian(s), bank statement from a personal bank account.
  • Your birth/adoption certificate (or court papers if you have a legal guardian)
  • A letter of consent, signed by your parent/guardian, stating you can use their funds and confirming their relationship to you.


You can start using this money, the day after you apply for your visa. Although, we recommend waiting until after you receive confirmation, that your visa application has been successful, just to be sure.

Useful links









Share this page: