I have moved to another department do I need to change my University IT account?

If you move department and retain a similar role or association then you will keep the same University IT account. If not, you will be provided witha new account. You may find that your access to some services may need to change - such as permissions on the shared departmental X: drive.

You may also lose access to other systems – such as SAP or SITS – depending on whether you need them in your new role. If this happens, you will need to request access again.

Share this page:

Filed under:
Contact us

IT Service Desk

Report an issue or make a request


In person:

Opening hours:
Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5.00pm

0116 252 2253
Ask for Ismail Patel


Teaching room help

Instant help:
0116 252 2919
Search IT Help