I am a Graduate Teaching Assistant why do I have a second University IT account?

If you are a Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) or for other reasons are both a staff member and a student then you will need both a staff and student IT account.

However, we recognise that it may be awkward or confusing for you and for colleagues and fellow students.

If you are in this situation, contact the IT Service Desk and advise us which account you would like to be your preferred account. We can then hide your other account in the email address book and advise how you can forward your email to your chosen primary account.

There will still be some circumstances in which you need to use each specific account - e.g. when you need to update your

  • student details (via the student home page) - this can only be done with your student IT account
  • staff details will only be possible using your staff IT account

Share this page:

Filed under: