Personal Belongings


Individuals are recommended to arrange their own insurance for personal belongings that are kept on campus or used for business purposes.

Personal belongings used for University work is done so at the owners risk and if insurance is necessary it should be arranged through the individuals household or specialist policies.

Personal effects are covered when the individual is travelling overseas on University business (see limits under travel insurance).

In the event that damage to personal effects have occurred directly as a result of the University's proven negligence a claim can be submitted via the University's public liability policy.

In this event please contact the Insurance Office providing full details of the nature of the loss and circumstances with regard to the cause.

Share this page:

Help and Support

Phone: 0116 229 7630


Emergency Contacts:

24/7 Security:

0116 252 2023

Sue Banbury

(Insurance Manager)

07961 564749

Carol Maguire

(Insurance Officer)

07875 443161

Need to make a claim

Please contact the insurance office should you need to make a claim.

Tel:  0116 229 7630 or 7631


Location: Astley Clarke Building, Main Campus.