Updating Information

Updating InformationKeeping your records up to date is really important to us.

If any of your details change, please let us know as soon as you can.  In particular, HR need to be advised if any of the following require amendment:

  • First name(s)
  • Surname
  • Title (Dr, Mr, Mrs etc)
  • Home address
  • Telephone number
  • Department (as this can impact on your payslip address)
  • Job title/position

Did you know?

Your preferred first name and/or surname can now be recorded on the central staff database (known as SAP HR) in addition to your legal names.  For example, if your first name is 'Alphonsus', but you'd much rather be known as 'Alf', we can add that information to our records for you.

This can often be useful to academic and research staff when their surname changes for legal reasons and needs to be updated, but they still wish to be known by their previous surname for continuity on research outputs.

In the future, all of the University's systems will start to use SAP HR as the 'golden source' of staffing information, so it is vital that the system is accurate.

How should I advise HR of any changes?

The University has introduced Employee Self-Service and you are encouraged to look at this facility to view your personal information.  In some cases, you will be able to update this directly on the system yourself.

For some changes, where direct updates are not yet available on Employee Self-Service, you can use our online form.  However, please note that for some updates, the HR Team will also need to see supporting documentation to confirm the changes in addition to the form (such as a marriage certificate) before your records can be amended.

You can send a scanned or photocopy of your documents to us as long as the originals have been seen and validated by your department.  Or, if you prefer, you can bring the originals to HR and we will be happy to copy them for you.

If you need any further advice about changing your details, please contact HR.

For colleagues who do not have online access, a paper form is available for managers to download to facilitate manual completion.

Change of details - online form
Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Change of details - manual form (PDF, 143KB)



Share this page:

ESS Portal

Employee Self-Service is available for staff to update some of their own staff record.  Find out more about Employee Self-Service, or go straight to the online facility by clicking on the button below.ESS Button


Having trouble saving changes?  Get some help.

Need to get in touch?

Find out how you can contact HR