Change to Personal Details

If you have have a University IT account, and are paid directly by the University (eg not self-employed or paid by a 3rd party, such as an employment agency), you are likely to have access to Employee Self-Service, which enables you to update your details directly on the systemThis is now the University's preferred method of updating your personal information. 

If you are unable to access Employee Self-Service, the form below can be used to notify HR of changes to your personal details such as a new address or telephone number, or a change to (all, or part) of your name.

Please remember that the HR Business Support Team will also need documentation confirming some changes (such as a marriage certificate) before your records can be amended.  Any documentation provided must either be the original, which we will copy and return to you, or a copy that has been signed and dated by your line manager.

Please contact HR if you have any questions about making a change to the personal data we hold about you.

Date of Birth   Please provide your date of birth to help us validate your request.
/ /  
Effective Date of Change   Enter the date on which the change became (or becomes) effective. This can be retrospective or in the future.
/ /  
characters remaining
characters remaining

Please don't forget to email your supporting documentation to if you are requesting a change to your legal name or we won't be able to action the change for you!

You can also download and print off a manual form (Adobe Acrobat (PDF) PDF, 143 KB) for colleagues who don't have access to the web.

Share this page:

ESS Portal

Employee Self-Service is available for staff to update some of their own staff record.  Find out more about Employee Self-Service, or go straight to the online facility by clicking on the button below.ESS Button


Having trouble saving changes?  Get some help.

Need to get in touch?

Find out how you can contact HR