How to register with a doctor

You are advised to register with a doctor (GP) at a health centre as soon as you arrive at University. Do not wait until you are unwell to do so, as there is a registration process. The nearest health centre to campus is Victoria Park Health Centre. Details of their services and how to register can be found at: They will accept people who live near the campus and those in University halls of residence in the City and Oadby. If you live further away, you can find other health centres at

Share this page:


Student Counselling and Wellbeing Service

The Student Counselling and Wellbeing Service  offers advice and information to students about mental health and wellbeing. We will be happy to meet with you to discuss your situation.


E-mail us

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on or call us on 0116 2231185