Occasional Lecturer / Public Speaker Payment Request Form

Use this form if you are engaging someone who is an expert in their field to provide occasional (no more than three) lectures / seminars in an academic year.

HMRC allow payment without deductions on the basis that the provision of an occasional lecture is regarded as self employment and the responsibility for declaring the income rests with the individual being engaged.

If the engagement meets the above criteria you can download the form here:

Occasional Lecturer / Public spreaker Payment Request  (MS Word)

Once completed the form should be returned to the University Payroll Office.

If the engagement does NOT meet these criteria you should contact Human Resources to discuss the appropriate method of engagement.

Share this page: