Complaints Procedure

Please note that the Complaints Procedure on this page relates to Non-Student Complaints only. Students who have Tuition Fee, Funding or other Finance Complaints should use the Student Fees Complaints Procedure

The Finance Division endeavours to provide a satisfactory, prompt and courteous service at all times. We recognise, however, that there may be occasions when standards fall short or when the normal feedback routines may not fully address an issue. We therefore have a formal complaints procedure to ensure that your complaints are dealt with in a prompt, polite and professional manner, and further contribute towards improving our service.

What is a Complaint?

For the purposes of this procedure, a complaint is deemed to be a clear expression of dissatisfaction with any aspect of the service provided by the Finance Division. The procedure is applicable to both internal and external customers of the University. Confidentiality will be observed wherever possible, but we cannot respond to anonymous complaints.

How do I ensure my complaint is dealt with?

Should you have a complaint, you should take it up with the person or section dealing with your particular issue in the first instance. This can be done in person, by telephone, e-mail or letter. Most complaints can be dealt with satisfactorily in this informal way, within a short timescale.

However, should you find that your complaint has not been dealt with to your satisfaction; the person dealing with your complaint will be able to give you the name of a more senior person, who you can contact.

When contacting this person, you should provide them with as much information as possible about the nature of the complaint, when the issue first arose, referring to any communication you have already had on the matter, and specifying in what way the contact with the original section in the Finance Division has failed to provide a satisfactory response.

We will endeavour to provide a response within 10 working days of receiving your complaint, or, if the matter is particularly complex, you will be given an indication of how the matter will be taken forward, and when it is expected to be resolved.

If, however, you remain dissatisfied you should download and complete the Finance Division Formal Complaints Form and return it, together with any relevant documentation to:

The Director of Finance
Finance Division
University of Leicester
University Road

Share this page: