Advice on changing name on degree certificate

Advice to trans people who require a change of name on their degree certificate

The University will facilitate a change of name on your degree certificate. To do this you will need to send or bring in some appropriate documentation e.g. Statutory Declaration of Name Change or an ‘enrolled’ Deed Poll or overseas equivalent.  We will also need the original certificate to be returned to us before we can issue the new certificate.

Further information is available from:

UK Deed Polls – (opens in a new window)

and (opens in a new window)

In order to begin this process please complete this form.

For more information please contact:

Student Service Centre Manager
Student and Academic Services
University of Leicester
University Road

Tel:  +44 (0)116 252 5651

Back to:

Share this page:

Contact Details

Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
0116 252 3334

Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Dr Angie Pears
0116 373 6424

EDI Manager
Mandeep Rupra
0116 2525909

EDI Projects Manager
Humaa Noori
(Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
0116 252 2747

Senior Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Dr Faye McCarthy
0116 229 7567

EDI Coordinator
Michaela Lefley
(Monday - Wednesday)
0116 252 3334

EDI Assistant
Patrick Ward
0116 373 6420

Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Team, University of Leicester- Room 008, Astley Clarke Building, Central Campus, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH,