FAQs for Current Students

Living in accommodation? Get answers to your questions below. If you need more information or we haven't answered your question, please get in touch.

How do I contact Reception?

You can contact our team 24 hours a day at John Foster Reception (The Village) on +44 (0)116 223 1493, or Nixon Court Reception (The City) +44 (0)116 252 2428. You can also email our team at accommodation@le.ac.uk for less urgent enquiries.


How do I contact security?

Security are available 24/7 on +44 (0)116 252 2023 for NON-EMERGENCIES and on +44 (0)116 252 2888 for EMERGENCIES ONLY, or are available to email at control@le.ac.uk . You can also contact the Security Team at the ECS Office by the entrance to Fielding Johnson South Wing and Peter Williams Lecture theatre on main university campus. Open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm; and the Security Lodge by Entrance 1 on the main University campus (just past the entrance barriers) open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The intercom at the rear of the lodge can be used outside office hours for general queries.


I need to have post delivered, where should I send it?

You should add your full name, room, flat and block; and the address depending on your hall. The addresses can be found within the post section of your accommodation guide but are as follows:

Beaumont Hall: Stoughton Drive South, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 2NA

Digby Hall: Stoughton Drive South, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 2NB

Gilbert Murray Hall: Manor Road, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 2LA

John Foster Hall: Manor Road, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 2LG

Stamford Hall: Stoughton Drive South, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 2ND

Nixon Court: Putney Road, Leicester LE2 7TG

Opal Court: Lancaster Road, Leicester, LE1 7HA

Brookland Road: Brookland Road, Leicester, LE2 6BH

Remember, all post will be delivered to your site reception to be processed and sorted. You’ll be able to collect it from there with your student ID card.


Can I change my room?

Students allocated a room in University accommodation may apply to transfer to another room or a different site by contacting the Accommodation Team. You can view our transfers policy online here.


How do I pay my fees?

You will be sent a reminder of how much you will need to pay for the period of residence and your fee deadlines. This can be paid in a variety of ways. Take a look at the Fees and Income website for more details.


I can’t afford to pay an instalment for my accommodation

If you are unable to pay an instalment, or you require assistance, please get in touch with the Accommodation Team as soon as possible to discuss any possible solutions. We will help you to arrange getting in touch with our Fees and Income office and/or the Student Welfare Service to discuss potential options and payment plans.

We urge any students to make us aware of any potential payment issues as soon as possible, in order to avoid any escalation of these issues occurring down the line.


I’ve got a maintenance issue with my room

If you have any maintenance issues with your accommodation, these can be reported by filling in a maintenance form here: www.le.ac.uk/maintenanceform. These issues will be dealt with at earliest convenience in order of priority.


I’m feeling homesick and don’t know what to do

For many first-year students, this will be their first experience living independently away from home, and so understandably a lot of residents end up feeling homesick. The Accommodation team are always available to have a chat with you if you need any support on this.

You can also check out our article on Browzer, which gives plenty of advice regarding homesickness.


Who can I talk to about a welfare/wellbeing issue?

Our friendly Residence Life team are always here to talk to you about any issue you might have. We are trained to signpost you to the correct wellbeing services within the university and local community. Feel free to get in touch with us, or you can see the various services we offer here.


What is Residence Life?

The Residence Life programme focuses on you and the wider residential community around you whilst living in our accommodation. Our Residence Life team is a student support and activities/event team within the accommodation aiming to help you settle in, meet new friends and provide you with wellbeing advice. This even includes 24/7 services such as security and reception! You can find out more about Residence Life on Browzer.


Who are the RAs?

Our Residential Advisers (RAs) are current students who work as part of the Residence Life Team to help you settle in. You'll spot the RAs out and about in their distinctive green hoodies, and they are all ready to provide help, advice or guidance, or just stop and have a chat. They also organise the social calendar in The Village and The City.


What events are going on in halls and how do I take part?

Our Residential Advisers organise a packed schedule of free daily events at different venues across The Village and The City accommodation, which are open to everyone. It's a great way to meet people outside your own house or hall and make new friends. You can get involved by turning up to the event on the day or signing up at your reception if it’s a ticketed event. Click here to get an idea of what we have to offer.


I need to stay over the summer in Leicester, can I stay in halls?

We offer summer accommodation in Nixon Court and Opal Court. Summer accommodation is available to any University of Leicester student with a valid student ID.

  • No set contract lengths - bookings available from 1 night
  • Rooms charged at a nightly rate
  • All bills and fees included
  • 5 minutes from campus
  • Please note that fees must be paid upfront. Applications generally go live in June.

You can apply online at rooms.le.ac.uk.


Can I stay in halls again next year?

Our accommodation isn’t solely for first year residents. It is also open for those of you who are already in halls and wish to stay, or even those of you who are currently in privately rented accommodation but wish to move into halls next year. Please be aware that spaces for returning students in our accommodation may be limited.


Does my room have contents insurance?

Your room includes basic contents insurance with Endsleigh. You can check the details of your policy by visiting http://endsleigh.co.uk/reviewcover and quoting the policy number HH1264. It is important that you know what is covered and if you want any additional cover, you can add this on.


I want to make a complaint

If you would like to make a complaint regarding your experience in our accommodation, you will need to follow the official complaints and feedback procedure. All complaints will be dealt with confidentially. However, to ensure we can respond fully to your complaint we may need to investigate your concerns and collect relevant information. Therefore, anonymous complaints will not be dealt with.

Please click here to follow the complaints and feedback procedure.


Do you help with second year accommodation?

You can contact the Accommodation team at any time if you have questions or require advice regarding second year accommodation. We run a few discussion sessions during the year specifically for discussing options when considering second year accommodation. Alternatively, the Students’ Union also offers their own support service regarding housing advice for students.


Can I park my car in halls?

There are a limited number of car parking spaces in The Village, for which a permit is required. You can purchase one for £50.00. Residents should note that more permits will be issued than the available number of spaces, so a parking place is not guaranteed.

Unfortunately, there are no car parking facilities available at The City sites, or on the main University campus.

Your permit can be collected from your reception when you first arrive - they are not sent out to your home address.


When do I get my £250 prepayment back?

When you accept our accommodation offer, you will be asked to pay a £250 pre-payment - this will be deducted from your first instalment and is not a deposit. This £250 is not refunded to you at the end of your contract and does not cover damages or charges that you may incur during your stay in our accommodation.


I have a noise complaint

Our accommodation has a no-noise policy after 11pm. If you would like to report a noise complaint, please contact your reception or security, and we will endeavour to deal with the issue as soon as possible.


Can I leave the accommodation and get a refund?

You are welcome to vacate your accommodation at any time during your period of residency. Unfortunately, we will not be able to refund any time you have not spent in your accommodation. This is in accordance with the terms stated in your contract that you agreed upon when confirming your accommodation. Different rules apply if you are suspending your studies or withdrawing from University, you can view our procedures for this here.

Share this page:

Contact us

Telephone: +44 (0) 116 252 2428

Email: accommodation@le.ac.uk

Current Students

For top tips on living in our accommodation, visit www.browzer.co.uk/le