Departmental Support

Each academic department has an AccessAbility Tutor.  The AccessAbility Tutor is a named person within your academic department who you can talk to about any disability-related issues.  You can find the name and contact details of your AccessAbility Tutor by looking at the AA Tutors list, or by contacting the AccessAbility Centre.

Your first port of call should be the AccessAbility Centre for help with accommodation, extra time in exams, applying for a DSA etc.  The departmental AccessAbility Tutor is there to help you with questions that specifically relate to your course.

Questions to direct to the AccessAbility Tutor in your department might be:

  • My assessment of study needs report suggests that I should be given course notes in advance of the lecture.  Can you arrange this?
  • My educational psychologist's report suggests that I should have advance warning if I am to be asked to read out loud in a seminar.  Can you make my tutors aware of this?

If you are not sure who to approach for help, come to the AccessAbility Centre first and we will advise you.     

Share this page:

Contact Us

+44 (0)116 252 5002

or visit us on the ground floor of the Library

The AccessAbility Centre is open 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, during both terms and vacations. Contact us if you would like to speak with someone outside of these hours.


AccessAble logo

The University of Leicester is committed to equal access to our facilities. DisabledGo has a detailed accessibility guide for the David Wilson Library.