Support and Security -Residential Advisers (RA)

Residential Advisers (RA) 

At Leicester we have this type of “live-in” support for students.  The RAs are usually available to offer guidance and support during the evenings and over night.  They usually have other jobs, or their own studies during the day. 

If you are being upset by other people, or if you are worried about how to do something they can help.

If they know you need support, they will usually visit you once every week or two, unless you need to see them more often.  If you do not want them to visit, say so.  If you need them to knock on the flat door before knocking on your room door say so.  

It is hard to know how we affect other people.  Most people tend not to notice their own noise and mess but at the same time can be aware of, and irritated by, the noise and mess made by others. 

Other people might be upset by you for very genuine reasons, even if you do not think you have been annoying!  So, if you have been annoying other people, try to stay calm as the adviser explains what the problem is. 

If you are asked by an RA to be quieter, it usually means you really have been too noisy.  Equally, if the noise and mess of others is upsetting you, please let the RA know!


Contact Us

+44 (0)116 252 5002

or visit us on the ground floor of the Library

The AccessAbility Centre is open 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, during both terms and vacations. Contact us if you would like to speak with someone outside of these hours.


AccessAble logo

The University of Leicester is committed to equal access to our facilities. DisabledGo has a detailed accessibility guide for the David Wilson Library.