Problems at work - can we help you?

Restructuring in your Department or Service, bullying, performance matters, disciplinary are the kind of issues you may face. Your local UCU representatives are here to help, support and advise. UCU members qualify to receive expert advice from professional staff with a wealth of experience and, should the need arise, specialist legal advice and representation.

Contacting LUCU about your case

If you are having problems at work then contact UCU.  Representatives will either be able to offer some advice or be able to point you in the direction of someone else who will be able to help you.

Who is entitled to personal case representation, and what is it?

Other help in the University

You may also find the University of Leicester's Health & Wellbeing helpful in dealing with problems at work.

Other help from UCU

UCU's Support Centre has answers to frequently asked questions and information to support your employment and union membership.

Common Issues

Share this page:

University and College Union


UCU is the largest trade union and professional association for academics, lecturers, trainers, researchers and academic-related staff working in further and higher education throughout the UK.

Visit the national site at