DBS Disclosures

Enquire about DBS Disclosures (formerly Criminal Records Bureau checks)

If you are working or conducting research with children (anyone under the age of 18 in the UK) or with adults who may be at risk, then you may need a criminal records check through the Disclosure and Barring Service

The Disclosure and Barring Service has replaced the Criminal Records Bureau and the Independent Safeguarding Authority. This service helps organisations prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable individuals.

If you think you need a DBS Disclosure, you should email brief details of the work you will be undertaking to:

studentDBS@le.ac.uk (for students)

recruitment@le.ac.uk (for staff)


Share this page:


If you have any queries about safeguarding issues or wish to make a safeguarding report please email concerned@le.ac.uk

Emails will be directed to one of the University's Designated Safeguarding Officers.