Current Students

If you have any further suggestions for help links please forward your suggestions to who will be happy to add suitable suggestions here.

For students - how do I?


Report an incident?

Health and Safety incidents/threats

Injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences should be reported immediately to Safety Services on extension 2426.


Crimes should be reported to the Police immediately. Leicestershire Constabulary can be contacted on (0116) 222 2222 or in an emergency dial 999.


If you discover a fire, sound the alarm by breaking the glass in the nearest fire alarm call point. Then call the Fire Service – dial 999 or 222.

Find out key dates?

University Terms and Semesters

Find a porter?

Tel: 2813

Get IT help?

Email: or telephone 2253

Contact the AccessAbility Centre?

Accessability website

Contact the Career Development Service?

Career Development website

Student Healthy Living Service?

Student Healthy Living web pages

Student Counselling Service?

Student Counselling website

Find information on Research Ethics?

Research ethics information

Access the library blog?

Library blog

Share this page:

Search our site
Contact Details

School of Media, Communication and Sociology

Campus based courses
T: +44(0)116 252 3863

Distance Learning Courses
T: 0116 252 3755

Research degrees (campus-based and distance learning courses)
T: +44(0)116 252 2785

University of Leicester
Bankfield House
132 New Walk
United Kingdom

University of Leicester
107-111 Princess Road East
United Kingdom

Staff contact details

Student complaints procedure


AccessAble logo

The University of Leicester is committed to equal access to our facilities. DisabledGo has a detailed accessibility guide for Bankfield House.