I need to travel somewhere on University business.  How do I arrange it?

You can either arrange your own travel and claim the cost back on an expense claim form (EC1).  Or Luke Taylor, , 0116 252 3021 can arrange the travel for you (via Clarity) and the University will pay on invoice.


What information will Luke need in order to book the travel for me?

For the following types of travel, please click on the link below and submit the relevant form (along with authorisation email) to Luke Taylor, , 0116 252 3021 well in advance of the dates you need to travel:


Who is my Departmental contact for this process?

Luke Taylor, , 0116 252 3021, based in the Medical Education School Office, Ground floor CfM.


Will I need University travel insurance?

All staff and students traveling overseas on University business MUST have University travel insurance.  Even if you have your own personal travel insurance which says it covers you for business purposes, it is mandatory that you have University travel insurance.  You will be required to declare that you have the appropriate cover in place in any expense claim pertaining to the trip.

What are the relevant University policies or guidance?

University financial regulations regarding travel and subsistence

University travel insurance

Share this page:


University of Leicester School of Medicine
George Davies Centre 
Lancaster Road

Admissions: 0116 252 2969/2966/2985/3015
Student Records: 0116 252 2969
Student Enquiries Desk: 0116 252 3021
Bequest Secretary: 0116 252 3082

Student complaints procedure


AccessAble logo

The University of Leicester is committed to equal access to our facilities. DisabledGo has a detailed accessibility guide for the George Davies Centre