Study Leave

How can I apply for academic study leave?

Academic Staff are eligible to apply for academic study leave.  Any application for study leave should first be considered by the Head of Department and Departmental Management Group (DMG) before forwarding onto the College Business Partner for consideration at the College Study Leave Committee.

What are the Departmental responsibilities?

  • To ensure that all requests for academic study leave are considered in a fair, consistent and sensitive manner.
  • To ensure that no more that 25% of Academic staff are on Study Leave in any given Semester
  • To ensure all Departmental teaching and administrative commitments are fulfilled.
  • To ensure that staff that have completed periods of study leave, submit a Study Leave Report to the College Study Leave Committee

Who is my Departmental contact for this process?

Debbie Oldham,, 0116 252 3206

What are the relevant University policies and guidance?

Information about study leave

What is Training Study leave?

Members of staff that wish to undertake training or a course that is not offered by the Staff and Organisational Development can apply for Training Study Leave.  Please discuss any requests for study or training with your Line Manger.  Further guidance can also be found by contacting the Departmental Manager, Debbie Oldham 0116 252 3206.

Share this page: