International Students

We welcome applications from international students. We offer three-year BSc or four-year MGeol undergraduate degree courses in a range of geoscience subjects. International students interested in applying for admission to our PhD programme should go to our page for prospective PhD students for the appropriate information.


International students are an important part of our campus life. In Geology, we have graduated many international students who have gone on to successful professional careers. Our past students have come from all over the world including Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Gabon, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Oman, Spain, Sweden, Tanzania, Trinidad, and the USA.

Students from all nations are made to feel very welcome in Leicester which is a vibrant University in one of Britain's most up-and-coming multicultural cities. Leicester is located in the heart of England only 70 minutes north of London.

Marya (far left), International Student
Marya (far left), International Student
I graduated from the University of Leicester in 2016 with a BSc degree in Geology. I had a great time during my studies and developed many essential skills. The staff and students were friendly and very helpful. You can access the facilities at any time of the day, so it became my second home! Some modules were related to petroleum geoscience and stimulated my interest in this subject leading me to undertake a Petroleum Geoscience MSc in London. After fininshing my MSc I will be joining a local petroleum company back home in Oman. My three years here were amazing!
Marya, BSc Geology – now studying for her MSc

Entry Requirements

Entrance requirements for international students are the same as or equivalent to those for UK students. We have extensive experience of evaluating qualifications from all over the world, so please contact us (details to the right) with full details of your qualifications if you have a query about your eligibility.

How should I apply?

It is recommended that prospective applicants contact us before they make a formal application if they have any questions about their eligibility.

Full degree applicants should apply through UCAS (the University and Colleges Admissions Service).

For the Sciences Foundation Year Programme you can either apply through UCAS or non-EU international students can contact the International Office to receive an application form.

Where can I get help in my country with my application?

The University of Leicester has agents worldwide who can provide information on the University and help you with your application; a list of agents is available at the International Office.

British Council offices worldwide can provide information about studying in the UK and also provide information on potential funding sources.


Share this page: