Research Student Letters, Student Cards, and Enquiries

Student ID / Library Cards

Full-time students will be issued with their University ID / Library card when they complete registration.

Students who are based away from Leicester can request their card by emailing the Doctoral College Office at

Issue of a card is dependent upon a photo being provided and this should be uploaded during the online registration process.

Requests for Letters

The Doctoral College Office can produce standard letters including:

  • a letter of registration to show registration status for the current academic year
  • a bank letter for new international students who need to open a bank account in the UK
  • a confirmation of award letter for students who have been awarded and need to show confirmation of this to an employer

Full-time students should request these in person by visiting the Student Services Centre, Charles Wilson Building where a letter will be produced immediately.

Students who are studying away from Leicester should request a letter by email to

CAS Requests

International students who are studying with the University on a full-time basis and who need to renew their Tier 4 visa should complete a CAS request form.

If the request is approved, a CAS number will be emailed to the University email account.

Reference Request / Verification of Award

Reference requests can be made to the Student Services Centre.


Queries can be made in person. Students can visit the Student Services Centre, ground floor of the Charles Wilson building. The Student Service Centre is open 8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Fridays.  During vacations they are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday

The Doctoral College Office is also pleased to receive queries by email to

Share this page: