Year Abroad

Students on the four-year degree in American Studies (T701) are required to spend their third year undertaking an approved course of study at one of our partner universities in the United States or Canada - see the map and links below for more details each of them. This also applies to students taking the year abroad in the United States option when studying the English and American Studies or History and American Studies degree.

Useful Links

  • University of Leicester International Office
  • Go International This website has been designed by the UK Higher Education International Unit as part of the UK Strategy for Outward Mobility. The aim of the website is to provide universities, colleges, students and their parents with a central source of information on study and work abroad opportunities. The website contains comprehensive information on the benefits of studying, working and volunteering abroad, sources of funding, and information for higher education institutions on how to help more students take advantage of studying abroad.
  • Student Reports (Courtesy of the University of Leicester's student newspaper, The Ripple) articles by Chris Aikman and Hannah Vince, now American Studies graduates.
  • Foreign and Commonwealth Office
  • The Fulbright Commission
  • The US Embassy

Share this page:

Year Abroad

Capital Building

Find out more about spending a year abroad studying.

Contact Us

American Studies
University of Leicester
Attenborough 707
University Road
Leicester LE1 7RH

T: 0116 252 2587

Media please contact the Press Office


DisabledGo logo

The University of Leicester is committed to equal access to our facilities. DisabledGo has a detailed accessibility guide for the Attenborough Tower.