YouTube (or similar video hosting service)
You can create a free YouTube account, upload your video to YouTube, and then embed it seamlessly into your webpage. YouTube videos can be marked as ‘unlisted’ so that they don’t appear in YouTube search results and you can disable features such as commenting and rating.
Below is an example of a video that is hosted on YouTube.
Videos hosted on YouTube (or similar video hosting service) cannot be saved to the viewers’ computer. This helps to prevent the video from being copied and/or redistributed but means that YouTube is not suitable for podcasting.
- Create a free YouTube account and upload your video to YouTube (Help with this is available on the YouTube website)
- View your video on YouTube
- Click the 'Share' button below the video
- Click the 'Embed' button
- Pick a size
- Un-tick the 'Show suggested videos when the video finishes' check box (optional)
- The default size of the video will most likely be too large for your Plone page so enter a width value for your video in pixels. Somewhere between 340 to 540 pixels will be suitable in most cases.
- Copy the embed code (right click on the embed code and select 'copy')
- Navigate to your Plone web page and login
- Click the 'Edit' tab to edit your page
- Click the HTML button to switch to code view
- Locate where you want your video to appear and paste in your code from youtube
- If you require the text on your page to wrap around the video you add the following attribute to the iframe element:
- Click the 'Save' button to save your page
If you are not familiar with editing HTML please contact IT Help (firstname.lastname@example.org) before attempting to embed a video.