Economics at Leicester
We provide inspirational undergraduate and postgraduate teaching delivered by academics who are passionate about their subjects and are leading cutting-edge research in economics and finance. We welcome talented students and leading researchers from countries all over the world.
The Department of Economics at the University of Leicester has a commitment to producing high-quality research across many fields of economics. The Department’s publications have recently appeared in the American Economic Review and the Review of Economic Studies, among many other top general interest and field journals. The Department is committed to cultivating a stimulating research environment with an active seminar programme and working paper series. For more research information, click here.
The Department of Economics is delighted to announce that dates have been set for June’s PhD conference. It will take place over two days starting on the afternoon of Wednesday 25th June 2014 and all day Thursday 26th June 2014. For a preliminary schedule, please click here.
- Research Professionals details all possible funding sources for the University of Leicester.
- Studentships available for doctoral degrees in the Arts, Humanities and a range of interdisciplinary topics through the Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership.
- DLHE Survey 2011/12 results show that 91% of our graduates are in employment and/or further study within 6 months of graduation.
- NEW Masters course for 2014, MSc Financial Risk Management
- Economics Students Offered Special Opportunity to study for the Claritas Investment Certificate
- Pre-sessional Maths course for postgraduate students
- We are pleased to announce that we now able to offer you the chance to participate in a Year in Industry degree programme, giving you the opportunity to undertake a year of full-time work in a suitable internship between year 2 and year 3. This is a great way to gain experience and enhance your CV.
The Department has 12 Bloomberg terminals for economic students to use. These terminals will provide economic students the opportunity to see how traders work and will help develop the skills that leading employers ask for using the industry standard platform. It will also enable students to access financial news and information, including real-time stock quotes 24/7.
- We have been awarded a maximum teaching rating of 24/24 by the UK government's Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)
- The Department of Economics is proud to say that their MSc Financial Economics degree programme has been deemed a CFA Program Partner by the CFA Institute