Professional Diploma in Management
Duration and mode of study
12-24 months by distance learning.
There will be a start date in February, May, August and November each year with study commencing on the first day of each month.
We are now accepting applications for the 1 February 2014 start date. If you wish to apply, the deadline for us to receive your application with full supporting documents is Monday 6th January 2014. Find out more information about how to apply.
Payment and registration for February 2014
The deadline for cleared payment (initial fee payment to have been received and cleared into the University’s account) is Tuesday 21st January 2014.
The deadline for registration is midnight UK time, Thursday 23rd January 2014.
- Three A-levels (two AS-levels would be considered in place of one A-level; General Studies accepted) and GCSEs in Mathematics and English Language at grade C.
- Or equivalent national or international qualification.
- Or a suitable professional qualification.
- Plus at least five years’ relevant work experience
These are the total course fees. Please note that the fees for our distance learning programmes are based on where you will be residing in the world during your studies.
February 2014 and May 2014
Discounted fee for students studying in eligible countries: £4,730
You will have the option to pay:
- Your full tuition fee course on initial registration or
- Over three instalments over the first year of your study
The University accepts a range of payment methods.
The Professional Diploma in Management has been designed to provide a broad introduction to a range of management subjects.
You will be introduced to a range of management theories, techniques and concepts, then encouraged to unpick them, challenge them, and question their relevance to contemporary society.
A variety of elective modules and a professional management project will enable you to focus in the particular areas of management that interest you most.
Successful completion of the Professional Diploma will enable you to progress to postgraduate study with the University of Leicester School of Management.
Details of all modules and the project can be found on the School of Management website.
Stage One (core modules)
- Foundations of Management
- The Management Environment
- Accountability and Financial Analysis
- Strategic Thinking and Implementation
Stage Two (elective modules)
Two modules from:
- Management, People and Organisation
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Analysis for Management
Professional Management Project
Teaching and assessment methods
As a distance learning student you will be supported by a dedicated team of tutors and support staff. Studying away from the campus is enabled through bespoke module study books - available in hard copy and electronically - and Blackboard, our virtual learning environment. You will be assessed at the end of each module through written coursework.
Distance Learning Advisers
T: +44(0)116 252 5377