Advice for Research Degree Applicants
Leicester announces £1.5 million pound investment in PhD studentships and postgraduate bursaries for 2013 start - find funding opportunities in your discipline now
Advice for applicants to PhD, MPhil, and professional doctorate programmes at the University of Leicester.
- What is a Research Degree?
- Campus Based PhD and MPhil
- Distance Learning PhD and MPhil
- Professional Doctorates (EdD, MD, DSocSci, and DClinPsy)
How to Apply
If you are applying for a funded studentship or other University funded place, please follow the advice in the relevant advert.
Self-funded applicants and those with external sponsorship should:
- Use the programme description to make sure we offer research degree supervision in the area you want to work in
- Follow the programme description advice and draft a research proposal or personal statement as needed
- Prepare your supporting documents
- Submit your online application or apply by post
Most of our research degrees start in October - but we welcome applications at any time and other start dates are possible in some cases.
In your application you will need to show that you meet the University's postgraduate entry requirements:
Fees and Funding
How much your degree will cost and how you can support yourself while studying: