Doing Historical Archaeology
Some of the major theoretical and philosophical issues involved in historical archaeology are explored. Through wide ranging case studies, the political and social contexts of archaeological research and its effects in the contemporary world are examined.
The second part of the module introduces students to the most common kinds of evidence used by historical archaeologists, whatever period and place they are studying.
Study this module with a dissertation - use the link on the right.
Or, for a Postgraduate Certificate in Historical Archaeology, study this module with one of the following:
- Archaeology of the Modern World
- The Historical Archaeology of England (field-based)
- Archaeology of Standing Buildings
Or, for a Postgraduate Certificate in Classical Mediterranean Studies, study this module with one of the following:
- Encountering the Classical World (field-based)
- Households and Domesticity in the Ancient World
- Classical Landscapes
Or, for a Postgraduate Certificate in Archaeology, study this module with one of the following: