International Scholarships 2015
University of Leicester Scholarships for International Students
For information about other scholarships offered by the University and other bodies to international students, please visit scholarships and financial assistance.
|Name of Scholarship||Eligibility||Maximum number of awards||Value of each award||Tenure (length of award)||Application deadline||Award criteria|
|Open Master's Scholarship||New taught Master's students on all full-time courses starting in September/ October 2015||
29 May 2015
|College of Social Science International Scholarship Scheme||New taught Master's students on all relevant full-time courses starting in September/ October 2015||40||£2,500 GBP||One year||29 May 2015||Academic Merit|
HOW TO APPLY: All applicants should download the application form, and submit this with the necessary supporting documents directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be completed and received by the scholarships team before the application deadline in order to be considered. Please note that applicants to the Open Scholarship Scheme who are holding an offer for a taught Master's programme within the College of Social Science will automatically be considered for both schemes.
Notes and eligibility criteria:
- The above Scholarship Schemes are only open to applicants already holding an offer (conditional or unconditional) to study for a degree programme at the University of Leicester.
- Applications for the College of Social Science International Scholarships are open to any students holding an offer to study a course in the College of Social Science which includes the Departments of Criminology; Economics; Education; Lifelong Learning; Management; Media and Communication; Politics and International Relations; and Sociology.
- Candidates for both of the above Scholarships must be classified by the University as international students for fees purposes.
- For both of the above Scholarships, candidates must not be in receipt of a full scholarship (tuition fees and living costs) from any other sources. Students may only receive one partial scholarship from the University, whether it is an Open or Department/ College scholarship. Students with partial scholarships from other sources will be considered.
- The above Scholarships are awarded in the form of a reduction in tuition fees payable.
- These scholarships are not available for distance learning students.