Learn at Leicester
About to start studying with us? Prepare to study provides practical advice and tips on what to expect at university and how to get the most out of your studies.
Make the most of the Library
Find out how the Library can support you in your studies
- Organise your references using bibliographic software
Develop your IT skills
Visit IT for Students for more about available IT help
Write and present your ideas
Get advice about your course
Call in to the Education Unit in the Students' Union if you have any course concerns
- Talk to someone about your course
- Share any exam or coursework worries in a supportive setting
- Discuss your final grades
- Put together an academic appeal
Sharpen your mathematics and statistics skills
Visit the Mathematics Help Centre and get one-to-one help with maths whatever your subject
- Attend a drop-in session to get further help
- Access support with revision and exam preparation
- Discuss any of your maths problems
- Practice and improve with our online resources and question banks
Links to further learning opportunities and services
The AccessAbility Centre offers a range of services to all students who have a disability or a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia.
With Languages at Leicester you can learn one of more than a dozen languages at up to six different levels allowing you to study either a new language, or improve a language which you have already studied.