Health and Welfare

Welfare, health and other support available to students

Health and Wellbeing

Student CounsellingThe Student Counselling service is a free and confidential service, provided by qualified professionals for all current students. The service has also produced a series of self-help guides giving advice and information resources about common student mental health issues.

The Student Support (mental wellbeing) service can offer support for a range of students with mental health issues.

The Healthy Living service supports students to enjoy a healthy and balanced life and is able to direct and refer students to appropriate health care services at times of ill health.

Student Welfare

The Student Welfare Service, situated in the Student Services Centre provides a practical service designed to meet the needs of all students, including mature, postgraduate and international students.

Student Welfare Officers offer specialist advice on issues including finance (hardship loans and grants), immigration, visa renewal, accommodation, health promotion, childcare and benefits.

Academic support

Personal Tutors

Personal Tutor

Your Personal Tutor is your first point of contact should you need to discuss matters of a general academic nature or should you require personal support, for example if you are experiencing difficulties as a result of illness which may affect your ability to study. Normally you will have the same personal tutor throughout the period of your degree. Your personal tutor will also be available to advise on issues related to equal opportunities and will help you complete your Personal Development Planning forms.

See your course handbook for information about contacting your Personal Tutor.

Disability support

The AccessAbility Centre offers a range of services to all students who have a disability or a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia.

Spiritual support

The University Chaplaincy acts as an information resource for world faiths.

Accommodation support

For students living in University owned and managed accommodation, Residential Advisors live on site and are trained to provide support, advice and information.

Share this page: