British Library Research Open Days for First Year PhD Researchers
National Postgraduate Open Days are specially tailored days of talks, workshops and networking opportunities at the Library, focusing on your research subject. Each day includes a general introduction to relevant research sources, curator talks and workshops, and details on how to get a Reader Pass. To ensure the days are accessible to research postgraduates from across the UK, students from outside London may apply for a limited number of £30 travel bursaries.
When are they taking place?
Open days are taking place October 2011 - February 2012:
- 4 November 2011 (medieval - 18th century history)
- 25 November 2011 (social sciences)
- 2 December 2011 (social sciences)
- 27 January 2012 (English)
- 10 February 2012 (19th-21st century history)
- Times: 10.30am - 4.00pm
- Location: British Library, 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB
- Price: Free, lunch included
More details on the Graduate School website