Whilst most of this information is available from the Finance office, there is some overlap with the work of HR.
Salaries and wages
To make an expenses claim visit the Finance Office website to download the appropriate form and read the claim guidelines.
Forms managed by the Finance Office are available from the finance website, including forms for payment of fees and sickness returns.
University staff may belong to one of five possible pension schemes, although not all are currently open.
- USS (Universities Superannuation Scheme) for academic and academic-related staff
- FPS (Friends Provident Stakeholder) aka Defined Contribution Pension Scheme – for support staff
- Pension and Assurance Scheme (PAS) - for clerical/technical and manual staff - closed to new members since 31 July 2003.
- NHS Pension Scheme - for employees of the Medical School with academic or academic related status who are already contributing members of the scheme when they join the University.
- FSSU (Federated Superannuation Systems for Universities) - now a closed scheme but existing members can remain in this scheme
- Purchasing Unit
- Quotation Summary Form
Three written quotes are required for all purchases over £5,000 but less than £25,000.
- Internal Waiver Forms
- Internal Approval Forms
- The Tax Section of the Finance Office advises on VAT, coding and related matters.