For parking facilities, see Travel and Parking
- The University Bookshop is in the David Wilson Library building.
- Opening times:
- Term-time, Mon-Fri: 9.00am-5.30pm
- Holidays, Mon-Fri: 9.00am-5.00pm
- Saturdays, all year: 10.00am-2.00pm
- Leicester Conferences is the dedicated conferencing and events team within the University of Leicester.
Food and drink
Contact the Catering Service: firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 2212
- Catering Service website
- Cafes and bars on campus
- Catering for events – including delic!ous delivery menu
- See also Conference catering
- Food and drink is also available in the Percy Gee Building.
For all IT-related queries, contact the Service Desk on ext. 2253 or email@example.com
During term, the David Wilson Library is open 24 hours from 9.00am Sunday until midnight Friday, and Saturday 9.00am until midnight. The Library is open 24/7 during the January and May exam periods.
- Library website
- Joining the Library
- Library opening hours
- Please report lost or stolen cards to the Library (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0116 252 2043) as soon as possible
Print and design
Design Services and Print Services are both located in the Fielding Johnson South Wing.
- Print Services handles photocopying and printing
- Design Services manages design, branding and visual identity
- Website design is the responsibility of Webteam
Please note that AV equipment for a room must be booked separately to the room itself.
Security and maintenance
The Security Office is in the Security Lodge next to the Fielding Johnson Building.
- Security Office
- Lost (and found) property
- Access cards and keys
- Post – the Post Room is at the back of the Security Lodge and is open until 5.15pm on weekdays.
- Portering and cleaning
- Maintenance Request Form – in emergency, call the helpdesk on ext. 2319
Sport and recreation
See also Clubs and Societies
- Sport and recreation at Leicester
- Sports facilities
- Sportscard - allows unlimited access to most University sports facilities
Embrace Arts (formerly the Richard Attenborough Centre) is the place for arts and education. As the University of Leicester's arts centre, Embrace Arts aims to offer opportunities to participate without barriers in ways that challenge and inspire. People can engage with the arts as audiences, performers and learners.
At Beaumont Hall in Oadby there is a sixteen acre botanic garden. The garden has an array of interesting features, including an arboretum, a herb garden, woodland and herbaceous borders, rock gardens, a water garden, the National Collections of Skimmia, Aubrieta, hardy Fuchsia and Lawson's Cypress, and a series of glasshouses displaying temperate and tropical plants, alpines and succulents.