How to use the Small Ads facility
This ‘Small Ads’ service is for University of Leicester staff to advertise to their colleagues. Please read this first:
How to post an advert
- Choose the correct category: ‘For Sale’, ‘Wanted’ or ‘Free to a Good Home’
- Log in using the 'web editor log in' link at the top right of the page
- Click on 'Start a new conversation'
- Provide a concise heading, eg. ‘Two-seater sofa, good condition, £35 ono’. You do not need to put ‘wanted’ or ‘for sale’ into the heading.
- Provide more details about the item, such as dimensions, colour, condition etc. For large items such as furniture, you should indicate whether you can deliver/collect.
- You must include a phone number and/or e-mail for people to contact you. This can be your work or home contact details or both.
- Please e-mail the small ads moderator who will check your ad and make it live.
- If you want your ad to be removed please contact email@example.com and let them know.
Now continue to the Small Ads
How to reply to an advert
- Please reply directly to the person who placed the adver by phone or e-mail..
- Do not just reply on this site as the advertiser probably won't see that.
- If you find that an item has already been sold, found or given away, please tell firstname.lastname@example.org which advert you replied to so that we can delete it.
- Webteam cannot provide any information beyond what is written in the adverts – so please don’t ask!
- No commercial adverts. Strictly personal small ads only.
- Adverts may only be placed by University of Leicester staff. You may not advertise on behalf of somebody else.
- No dangerous items such as firearms, blades, caustic chemicals etc.
- Members of staff expressly agree that the use of this service is at their own risk. The University of Leicester makes no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through this website or any transactions entered into through this website. Read the full terms and conditions.
- Please report any abuse or misuse of this site to email@example.com