New REF2014 module released in IRIS
All nominated Administrators as well as Academic staff and any Researchers (such as Fellows holding their own funding) who are eligible for submission to the REF will be able to access the REF2014 module.
The REF2014 module will be an important tool in the University’s REF preparations and can be used by Units of Assessment to select outputs, assign reviews, and run internal reports about the status of the REF preparations.
Key features of the REF 2014 module
- Each member of eligible staff is assigned to a Unit of Assessment (UoA)
- Administrators can run reports for their UoA
- Eligible staff can only select outputs that were published within the REF period of 01/01/2008 and 31/12/2013.
- Up to four nominated and four reserve outputs can be selected.
- A reduced number of outputs can be set for staff with qualifying personal circumstances.
- Each item can be assigned a REF grade and a written review
- Staff can only see the scores and reviews given to their OWN outputs. The UoA Lead Academic(s), Unit Administrator(s) and Unit Reviewer(s) will see all scores and reviews for their unit. Heads of Department can see scores and reviews for all their staff regardless of their Unit.
The output data needed for the REF submission will be taken directly from IRIS, so you will only be able to nominate outputs for the REF via the REF2014 module.
We have created a series of User Guides, designed to guide you through using the REF2014 module which are available at 'The Role of IRIS in the REF' (University IT login required)