How does the populist radical right operate in the European Parliament?
This site provides some information on the current and future research of Laura MacKenzie, PhD student in the Department of Politics and International Relations. Laura's research focuses on the behaviour of populist radical right (PRR) parties and MEPs in the European Parliament under the title, "How does the populist radical right operate in the European Parliament?"
- Position on the left-right scale
- Increase in populist radical right MEPs since 1979
- Increase in populist radical right fragmentation since 1979
- Alliance and animosity
- Beyond western Europe
- Why is this research important?
- What can be learned from this research?
Laura will be presenting her work at the Festival of Postgraduate Research 17th May 2012 - view Laura's festival poster.