Supporting Documents for PhD and Research Degree Applications
Applicants for PhD, MPhil, and other research degree programmes must provide the following supporting documents with their application:
- Proof that you meet our academic entry requirements, please provide:
- copies of all relevant diplomas, certificates, and transcripts
- international applicants must provide official copies of their entire course transcripts including explanations of the mark schemes used and, where possible, an indication of their class ranking/position in class
if your supporting documents are not in English, we require officially translated versions as well as copies in the original language
- if you have been in part- or full-time education within the last five years, one of your referees must have been your personal/academic tutor
- if you are applying online, please provide in your application email addresses for your referees - we will email your referees with a template that they can use
- if you are applying by post, the postal application form includes two reference templates; you should send these to your referees and they should return these to you in sealed envelopes for you to include with your application
You must provide all required supporting evidence with your application - failure to do so may mean that there is a delay in considering your application or that it is rejected.
If you have drafted your research proposal/personal statement and have prepared your supporting documents, you should be ready to start completing your application.