Leicester Migration Network
The Leicester Migration Network was co-founded in 2012 by Dr Leah Bassel, Associate Professor in the School of Media, Communication and Sociology, and Dr Marc Scully who is now a lecturer at the University of Loughborough.
This is an exciting initiative that brings together interdisciplinary perspectives and enables innovative and ground-breaking scholarship that cuts across conventional lines of enquiry.
Our location in Leicester, a city that continues to be shaped by its unique history of migration, provides a distinctive opportunity for academic research that is developed in partnership with members of the community.
Aims of the Network
- Facilitate collaboration and exchange between migration researchers within the academic community
- Develop interdisciplinary teaching and learning opportunities around migration
- Showcase migration research undertaken by scholars in a broad range of disciplines
Community and Public engagement
- Encourage lively debate and exchange about important migration-related issues affecting communities in Leicester and beyond
- Engage stakeholders at all stages of the research process
- Build partnerships and knowledge exchange between the University and relevant local and national institutions'