Staff Development Fund
The University is committed to providing staff with both the training and development necessary to perform their current work effectively and to provide opportunities to develop further skills to support future work and career development. We recognise that external courses related to occupational and personal development training are a valuable means of developing staff expertise and professionalism.
The Staff Development Centre will consider applications for funding of:
- Fees only for vocational / professional qualifications
- Support for developmental activities at departmental and divisional level which relate to agreed strategies and other initiatives
- Training and development of a generic nature (not subject or discipline based)
What will not be supported:
- Departmental away days/conferences and other team activities
- Training and Development that is not work related
- Funding of travel and incidental expenses
- Funding requests for £150.00 or less (funding should be considered from within the Departments/Divisions)
- Retrospective funding for any past event
Guidance Notes and Application
How to apply:
Download the following guidance information and complete the appropriate application form:-
Application forms to be completed, authorised and relevant documentation attached.
Application requests to be sent to the Staff Development Partnership for consideration and processing.
Please Note: Funds are limited.