International Buddy Network
The International Buddy Network links new international students with experienced students already studying at the University of Leicester. It is a chance for international students to:
- Make friends
- Settle into UK life and the UK Higher Education system
- Learn about British culture
- Learn about The University of Leicester and Leicester City
How do I apply?
If you are a new international student to the University of Leicester registering on your course in September 2013 you can apply for a buddy here.
Please be aware that there are only a limited number of places available. Once all places are full you will be put on a waiting list, but we will not be able to guarantee you a place.
Our Buddies are experienced, trained University of Leicester students. Some may be British students and others may be international students. All of our Buddies are here to help make settling into life in Leicester fun and easy for you.
- You can ask any questions you have about living and studying in the UK .
- Your Buddy will be a friendly person to help you during your first few weeks in the UK.
- A Buddy will help you improve your conversational English.
- You will have a chance to make friends with other International and British students.
- You will get to know about the local community faster.
If you are applying for a Buddy you will be expected to meet with them for at least the first 4 weeks of term.
You must be able to attend the Welcome Event in October so you can meet your Buddy and other group members.
You will also attend a Farewell Event in December to say goodbye to your Buddy at the end of the programme.
You will be assigned a Buddy in August or September, who will contact you by email in August or September.
You will get to meet your Buddy and other group members at a Welcome Event held shortly after you arrive.
If you have any questions about the International Buddy Network please contact firstname.lastname@example.org