Before 31 March 2009
Which members of my family can live with me in the UK?
Students can apply to bring the following members of their families to live with them in the UK:
- Wife/husband (18 or over)
- Children (under 18)
- Civil partner (18 or over)
What visas do my family need if they want to come to the UK to live with me?
If you have a Student visa, your family will be able to apply for 'Student Dependant' visas. They will need to complete application form VAF3B, which they can get from the British Embassy in their home country or on the UK Visas website.
What documents do they need to provide?
What documents will I need to send them?
You will need to send them:
- Copies of your passport (photo page and student visa page)
- Copy of your University registration letter with course details and dates (if you do not have this, please ask for one at the Fielding Johnson Building and allow 3 days for processing)
- An invitation letter written by you and addressed to the British Embassy in your home country to request that your family comes to the UK (you may want to say that you hope your family can join you as soon as possible)
- Evidence of accommodation suitable for the size of your family - this could be in the form of a letter from your landlord or an accommodation contract listing the number of rooms in the house
- Copies of your own financial evidence if you will be supporting them