As a member of staff at the University of Leicester you are eligible for membership of the new Sports Centre if you have a Staff Sportscard.
You can apply for a Staff Sportscard at any time using the below form. The cost is automatically deducted from your salary each month. Weekly paid staff pay the same overall annual fee, but in weekly deductions. Whilst you wait for your membership to be processed you can use the Sports Centre - simply sign in at reception as you come to use the facilities. However you must have had an induction before you use the gym area. Please ask at reception to book an induction or call reception on x3118 and book one.
Categories of membership
Your membership can be:
- Individual - just you and any children up to 16 years of age
- Family - you and your partner and any children up to 16 years of age
Levels of membership
There are three levels available. If you currently have a Staff Sportscard you automatically have Silver Membership and can upgrade to Gold or Gold+ using this form:
Here is what you get:
Entitles you to unlimited use of:
- Group fitness classes
- Sports Hall (5-a-side, volleyball, basketball, netball, cricket nets)
- Existing sports facilities at Oadby and University squash courts
Monthly fee: £8 for individual, £16 for family membership.
All the benefits of Silver but also entitles you to unlimited use of:
- Pool, sauna, steam room and spa Pool
- Gym (cardiovascular and fixed weight resistance areas)
- New Oadby pool and gym (from September)
Monthly fee: £30 for individual, £60 for family membership
All the benefits of Gold but you also get a clean, fresh towel upon arrival at the club every time you visit!
Monthly fee: £35 for individual, £70 for family membership